For all non-heritage students, their first assessment is at the end of this week!
All 6, 7, and 8th-grade students are currently reviewing for their first CFA (common formative assessment).
Review material by classroom stations:
- Commands/Questions (Can I go to the bathroom? song by senorwooly)
- Greetings and Basic Conversations
- I have/I don’t have (Yo tengo/Yo no tengo)
- Classroom objects
- Spanish listening in the classroom (No lo tengo Song; Can I go to the bathroom? song)
If you have any questions, please send an email to Profe (email@example.com) or Sr. Clavell firstname.lastname@example.org
Los estudiantes de la clase de Español como lengua heredada (Heritage) hemos trabajado en lo siguiente:
- ¿Porque estamos en una clase “heritage”
- ¿De dónde vengo?
- ¿A dónde voy?
- Si mi familia es de _____________; qué significa?
- ¿Por qué en los Estados Unidos nos clasifican como latino(a)?
- Si tengo la clasificación de latino(a), ¿eso significa que ya no soy ______________?
En clase hemos…
- usado senorwooly.com para reforzar lectura y destrezas auditivas
- buscado sobre nuestra herencia, nuestro escudo de familia y de donde viene nuestros apellidos.
- Jugado Mafia y leido parte de la noveletta Tumba por: Mira Carion (en la clase de la Sra. Finesseth)
We’ve had an awesome start to the school year in our Spanish department! Non-Heritage students (students who are not bilingual or have family members that actively speak to them in Spanish at home), we have been reviewing or exposed to the following concepts:
- Basic Phrases and Greetings
- The verb to Have (tener)
- Colors & Numbers
- Cognates (words similar in two or more languages)
This year we have access to an awesome website that we’ve used in Spanish class: senorwooly.com; students have used it in my (Sr. Clavell’s) classroom and in Profe’s (Sra. Finesseth’s) classroom. It’s a great tool for students to make catch-up work at home and it has games that keep students engaged in Spanish.
Today at Open House, you will be able to receive a syllabus for the class, which I will upload here later today.
Thank you for everything, and see you at Open House!
Hope everybody is all right and that you had a great start to the 2017-2018 school year!
Just a reminder of how this school year is shaping up. We have 2 new Spanish teachers at Brody, meaning we have a total of 3 Language Acquisition teachers!!
Mr. Berube will focus on Non-heritage Students in all grade levels.
Ms. Finneseth will focus on 7th grade heritage, a 6th grade heritage class (on A days) and non-heritage.
Mr. Clavell will focus on 8th grade heritage students, a 6th grade heritage class(on A days) and non-heritage.
Just a reminder of apps you can use to study at home are: duolingo, quizlet, and SpanishDict (Spanish dictionary).
Also, we encourage students to create a Sr.Wooly account so that you can see Billy la Bufanda and other awesome Spanish videos.
Our Spanish Department Twitter: @brodymsspanish
Our first assessment with Profe (Finneseth), el Sr. Berube & Maestro Clavell will be on September 21 (A days) and September 22 (B bdays) it will mainly focus on basic phrases and greetings!
More information coming soon!
Have a great weekend!
This is the post excerpt.
Welcome to the start of a new school year!
This year we have 2 new profesores Mrs. Finneseth & Mr. Berube!
This year, Mrs. Finneseth & I, Mr. Clavell, will be teaching our Heritage as well as our Non-Heritage students.
Next week, Mr. Berube, Mrs. Finneseth, and I will be giving more information on this website about our classes! Excited for this new school year!